- 5K Boardwalk Run: January 1, 2017
- First Day at the Beach: January 1, 2017
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ceremony: January 14, 2017
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service: January 16, 2017
- Girls Weekend Downtown: April 1-2, 2017
- OC Con - Comic Book & Memorabilia Show: April 1-2, 2017
- Doo Dah Parade: April 8, 2017
- Mr. Mature America Pageant: April 8, 2017
- The Great Egg Hunt: April 8, 2017 and April 15, 2017
- Easter Sunrise Service: April 16, 2017
- Easter Fashion Promenade: April 16, 2017
- Boardwalk & Downtown Merchant Table Sales: April 29-30, 2017
- Spring Block Party: May 6, 2017
- Boardwalk & Downtown Merchant Table Sales: May 6-7, 2017
- Chris Perondi's Stunt Dog Experience: May 10, 2017
- Martin Z. Mollusk Day: May 13, 2017
- American Heart Association HeartWalk: May 20, 2017
- OCNJ Triathlon/Duathlon: May 21, 2017
- Unlocking of the Ocean & Business Persons Plunge: May 26, 2017
- Memorial Day Service: May 29, 2017
- Wonder's Birthday Bash at Gillian's Wonderland Pier: June 1, 2017
- Ocean City Flower Show: June 2-4, 2017
- Miss New Jersey Pageant: June 14-17, 2017
- Antique Auto Show: June 24, 2017
- Wacky Wednesday: June 28, 2017
- Fourth of July Celebration: July 4, 2017
- July 4th Bike Parade: July 4, 2017
- Wacky Wednesday: July 5, 2017
- Sand Sculpting Content: July 6, 2017
- Wacky Wednesday: July 12, 2017
- Freckle Contest: July 12, 2017
- 38th Annual T. John Carey Master's Swim: July 15, 2017
- Wacky Wednesday: July 19, 2017
- Night in Venice: July 22, 2017
- Wacky Wednesday: July 26, 2017
- OCBP Women's Lifeguard Invitational Races: July 26, 2017
- Wacky Wednesday: August 2, 2017
- Twins Contest: August 2, 2017
- Sand Sculpting Contest: August 3, 2017
- 55th Annual Boardwalk Art Show: August 4-7, 2017
- Pamper Scamper: August 8, 2017
- Wacky Wednesday: August 9, 2017
- 108th Annual Baby Parade: August 10, 2017
- Miss Ocean City Pageant: August 12, 2017
- Wacky Wednesday: August 16, 2017
- Miss Crustacean Hermit Crab Beauty Pageant: August 16, 2017
- Hermit Crab Races: August 16, 2017
- Little Miss Ocean City: August 18, 2017
- Wacky Wednesday: August 23, 2017
- Boardwalk Merchant Fireworks Display: August 26, 2017
- Wacky Wednesday: August 30, 2017
- OCNJ Labor Day Race: September 4-5, 2017
- Ocean City Classic Car and Street Rod Show: September 9, 2017
- Corvette Show: September 10, 2017
- "A Day to Remember" 9/11 Ceremony: September 11, 2017
- Ocean City Airport Festival: September 16, 2017
- Boardwalk Aerobatic Airshow: September 17, 2017
- MS City to Shore Ride: September 23, 2017
- OCNJ Half Marathon: September 24, 2017
- Boardwalk & Downtown Merchant Table Sales: September 30, 2017
- Boardwalk & Downtown Merchant Table Sales: October 1, 2017
- Fall Block Party & Fireworks Spectacular: October 7, 2017
- Indian Summer Weekend: October 7-9, 2017
- Boardwalk & Downtown Merchant Table Sales: October 7-9, 2017
- Junior Miss Ocean City Pageant: October 21, 2017
- OC Chamber of Commerce's Annual Welcome Night: October 25, 2017
Be sure to check back frequently for more events and updates!
As one of America’s iconic beach vacation destinations, Ocean City, NJ has no shortage of things to do. If you’re planning a visit or a season stay, make sure you participate in the many annual events in Ocean City, NJ — regular occurrences that give this hotspot flavor and personality.
Here’s a look at some of the most popular things to do in Ocean City, NJ:
- Polar Bear Plunge: OCNJ locals take the brave plunge into the icy waters of the Atlantic Ocean every January 1st to kick off the New Year. Unique costumes and outfits make this chilly tradition a classic OCNJ event.
- Farmer’s Market: A popular summertime activity is visiting the Farmer’s Market. From late June through early September, the Farmer’s Market is open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Wednesday at the Tabernacle Grounds. This is the perfect way to support local growers and to get delicious ingredients for home-cooked meals.
- Baby Parade: For more than 100 years, Ocean City, NJ has been hosting an Annual Baby Parade — one of the oldest in the country. Children of all ages can decorate wagons and participate in this event that takes place at the Boardwalk. Each year’s Parade includes a celebrity grand marshal.
- Fishing Tournaments: You’ll find all kinds of water-based recreation in Ocean City, including a number of fishing tournaments held throughout the year. The Annual Boys and Girls Surf Fishing Tournament takes place each August, and it dates back more than 40 years.
- Business Persons Plunge: A quirky tradition, the Business Persons Plunge takes place every year in late May. This is the ceremony that officially unlocks the beach and ocean for the summer seasons. Attendees dress in somewhat formal costumes and frolic into the ocean to welcome the warmest months of the year.
- Memorial Day Weekend: The last weekend in May is the unofficial start to the summer and tons of families flock to OCNJ’s beaches to relax. Various events throughout Memorial Day Weekend celebrate the start of summer as well as those who served for our country.
- Family Nights on the Boardwalk: Throughout July and August, Thursdays are “Family Night” at the OCNJ Boardwalk! Bring your little ones for arcade games, rides, a yummy meal, and more!
- Fourth of July: As you can imagine, Ocean City explodes into activity during holiday weekends — and none is more highly anticipated or celebrated than the Fourth of July. You’ll find everything from patriotic concerts to bicycle parades, as well as sand sculpting contests, fireworks and much more.
- OCNJ’s Night in Venice: This annual tradition is an Ocean City favorite! Every July, OCNJ boat owners decorate their boats and parade them along the Bayfront, through the lagoons to Tennessee Avenue. This OCNJ tradition is topped off with fireworks and the Miss Night in Venice contest.
- Labor Day Weekend: This long weekend is the unofficial close of the summer season, but it’s a great time to spend a few more days at the beach with friends and family! Various events around the town make Labor Day Weekend in OCNJ fun for all ages!
This is anything but a comprehensive list of annual events in Ocean City, NJ. When you visit OCNJ, you’ll discover many longstanding and traditional events that date back decades, as well as new ideas and opportunities to get in touch with the town and its people. Don’t miss all of the fun and exciting things to do in OCNJ.
Thinking of putting down roots in Ocean City, NJ? Not only is this beach destination popular among vacationers around the world, but it also offers a number of different neighborhoods that offer something for everyone. At Goldcoast Sotheby’s International Realty, we are the experts on Ocean City, NJ homes. We emphasize personal service and the utmost in professionalism as we help clients like you identify and secure the OCNJ properties they’ve always wanted.
Backed by the Sotheby’s International Realty brand, our expert OCNJ realtors have the resources and experience to make your search for a home in OCNJ as efficient and effective as possible. When you want to find the property of your dreams in Ocean City, turn to the local real estate experts at Goldcoast Sotheby’s International Realty.
Contact us today about homes for sale in OCNJ.