Every day might seem like a party in Ocean City, NJ, but there’s one day per summer that’s truly the most important: the 4th of July! The entire city comes together and creates a memorable time celebrating Independence Day. The pride we all feel as Americans on the 4th of July is visible all across our beautiful island, and there are plenty of fun, safe activities for you to enjoy with your family. Here are a few of the most popular:
- Parade. Every year Ocean City puts on an amusing bike parade. Anyone can register and take part — it’s a great way to see our city and experience some exercise at the same time. Why not get a group of family and friends together, or represent your favorite group or charity?
- Anthem. Ocean City, NJ is a proud American city, and we like to bond and sing our National Anthem every 4th of July as we raise the stars and stripes. It’s always moving to see our citizens, young and old, come together and show respect to our flag and everything it represents.
- Live bands. Along the boardwalk, you’ll hear local talent the evening of the 4th of July. Talented Ocean City, NJ musicians will tickle your eardrums before and after the fireworks. Your kids won’t be able to resist dancing the night away to the sounds of live music.
- Kite festival. Let’s not forget the annual 4th of July kite festival in Ocean City. Amateur kite flyers can show their stuff, and there are classes for children and different age groups. The kite festival is fun for everyone — come and show your kite-flying skills!
- Fireworks. We’ve saved the best for last. The Ocean City, NJ musical fireworks display is the crowning touch on our city’s 4th of July festivities. You can’t help but feel the excitement of the exploding colors high in the sky and the entertaining music played in accompaniment.
Besides the official events, you’ll find plenty to see, eat, and drink during our 4th of July activities in Ocean City, NJ. Our local restaurants always concoct delicious dishes, and you’ll find vendors with all sorts of ice cream, candy, and treats. It’s also a great day to get out and enjoy a picnic with your family and friends, and fire up the barbecue.
There will also be souvenirs available. Downtown Ocean City, NJ has a great selection of local handicrafts and gifts year round, but the 4th of July brings out the patriotic spirit in downtown businesses. You’ll see red, white, and blue as far as they eye can see. Wander around and take the opportunity to visit art galleries as well, and find yourself a lovely 4th of July souvenir or decoration.
As part of the Ocean City community, our team here at Goldcoast Sotheby’s International Realty loves the energy and excitement of the 4th of July celebrations. We hope to see you around the city, and look forward to serving Ocean City and the surrounding areas as your leading luxury home buying and rental company. Happy 4th of July!