Annual Events in Ocean City, NJ
As one of America’s iconic beach vacation destinations, Ocean City, NJ has no shortage of things to do. If you’re planning a short visit or a season stay, make sure you participate in the many annual events in Ocean City, NJ — regular occurrences that give this hotspot flavor and personality.
Here’s a look at some of the most popular things to do in Ocean City, NJ:
- First Day at the Beach: OCNJ locals take the brave plunge into the icy waters of the Atlantic Ocean every January 1st for the first dip in the Ocean for the New Year. Unique costumes and outfits make this chilly tradition a classic OCNJ event.
- Farmer’s Market: A popular summertime activity is visiting the Farmer’s Market. From late June through early September, the Farmer’s Market is open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Wednesday at the Tabernacle Grounds. This is the perfect way to support local growers and to get delicious ingredients for home-cooked meals.
- Baby Parade: For more than 100 years, Ocean City, NJ has been hosting the Annual Baby Parade. OCNJ's parade is one of the oldest in America. Children of all ages can decorate wagons and participate in this event that takes place on the Boardwalk. Each year’s Parade includes a celebrity grand marshall.
- Fishing Tournaments: You’ll find all kinds of water-based recreation in Ocean City, including a number of fishing tournaments held throughout the year. The Annual Boys and Girls Surf Fishing Tournament takes place each August, and it dates back more than 40 years.
- Business Persons Plunge: A quirky tradition, the Business Persons Plunge takes place every year in late May. This is the ceremony that officially unlocks the beach and ocean for the summer season. Attendees dress in somewhat formal costumes and frolic into the ocean to welcome the warmest months of the year.
- Memorial Day Weekend: The last weekend in May is the unofficial start of summer when tons of families flock to OCNJ’s beaches to relax. Various events throughout Memorial Day Weekend celebrate the start of summer and those who served for our country.
- Family Nights on the Boardwalk: Throughout July and August, Thursdays are “Family Night” at the OCNJ Boardwalk! Bring your little ones for arcade games, rides, a yummy meal, and more!
- Fourth of July: As you can imagine, Ocean City explodes into activity during any holiday weekend. None is more highly anticipated or celebrated than the Fourth of July. You’ll find everything from patriotic concerts to bicycle parades, sand sculpting contests, fireworks and much more.
- OCNJ’s Night in Venice: This annual tradition is an Ocean City favorite! Every July, OCNJ boat owners decorate their boats and parade them along the Bayfront and through the lagoons to Tennessee Avenue. This OCNJ tradition is topped off with fireworks and the Miss Night in Venice contest.
- Labor Day Weekend: This long weekend is the unofficial close of the summer season, but it’s a great time to spend a few more days at the beach with friends and family! Various events around the town make Labor Day Weekend in OCNJ fun for all ages!
This is anything but a comprehensive list of annual events in Ocean City, NJ. When you visit OCNJ, you’ll discover many longstanding and traditional events that date back decades, as well as new ideas and opportunities to get in touch with the town and its people. Don’t miss all of the fun and exciting things to do in OCNJ.
Thinking of putting down roots in Ocean City, NJ? Not only is this beach destination popular among vacationers around the world, but it also comprises a number of different neighborhoods that offer something for everyone. At Goldcoast Sotheby’s International Realty, we are the experts on Ocean City, NJ homes. We emphasize personal service and the utmost in professionalism as we help clients like you identify and secure the OCNJ properties they’ve always wanted.
Backed by the Sotheby’s International Realty brand, our expert OCNJ REALTORs have the resources and experience to make your search for a home in OCNJ as efficient and effective as possible. When you want to find the property of your dreams in Ocean City, turn to the local real estate experts at Goldcoast Sotheby’s International Realty.
Contact us today about homes for sale in OCNJ.